2023-10-31 -- Bandar Restaurant - San Diego, California






I read an article about top ethnic restaurants in San Diego and I have realized I have not been to this one. Not really sure why. The parking is a challenge in this area of downtown and the streets are one way. It will be a while to get here.

We were greeted at the door by a very polite gentleman, who turned out to be the person who took care of us.

This is a very clean and classy place, I have to admit doesn't really look like a Persian restaurant.



While waiting for the appetizer, and drinks, I checked the reviews and I was disappointed. I guess I realized why I have not been here. In a city with plenty of places 4.5 and above, I rarely go anywhere rated at 3.9.

Kashk-e bademjan arrived, as well as mast-e-mousir. Amazing presentation, amazing quality, and the texture was just right. Exactly as it has to be. Although I personally like a little more sautéed mint on kashk-e-bademjan, but that is my problem at home too! Homemade doogh was just right. We had been offered to have more bread and we said yes.




Food arrived, the proportions were insane. Kababs were large, jucy, and at the same time tender. No bad smell as a result of using subpar ingredients. Albaloo-polo was absolutely right. It was as if it was a real albaloo polo, not a white rice with added cherry to it, right before serving.



We had to pack half of each dish to go, and no room for desserts. Although we have been told they have many Iranian desserts in the menu, such as Makhloot, Faloodeh, ... Maybe next time.

This is a relatively expensive place. It is in one of the most crowded places of the city, and I am sure the real estate itself is a premium. I think if I have to pay $30 to park, then I should not complain about the cost of the food.

I waited for couple of days to write the review, I wanted to see how the leftover will be, it was awesome.



I read many reviews about this place afterward. I am not a person that I say if a place is expensive do not go. I actually believe that price has to be fair. The chelokabab here, may cost you twice as anywhere else, but it worth every penny. The ambient itself and the politeness of the person who served us, worth more than the food.

I love food, and I will be back in this place again, as soon as I crave some more Iranian foods.


(c) I have personally taken the pictures and own them. Feel free to use them as you may like.

Comments

Popular Posts